Most people don't realize how handy their celfone camera can be. Aside from taking party shots, or embarrassing Facebook photos, your celfone camera can be used as a portable document scanner.
It may not be as clean or clear as a real flatbed scanner, but for making instant soft copies of receipts, invoices, and other important documents, it's handy because you have your phone with you everywhere.
The great thing about it, is that you have an instant jpeg that can be emailed or uploaded right away. And on Android and iOS devices, this also means instant sync with your Dropbox folder for archiving or printing.
- 3.2 MP is clear enough for most documents. Autofocus/Macro is needed. Fixed focus cams are no good, almost all your documents will be blurry.
- Lay the document down as flat as possible. If you can, tape the edges down before taking the shot.
- Be as steady as possible when pressing the shutter, use both hands.
- Wait for your camera to focus lock and check that the image is really in focus
- Although some phones have a dedicated document mode, taking a document in full color/macro mode usually gives better results.